Microblading (also known as feather touch tattoo) involves a hand-tool with a cluster of fine probes, which is used to implant pigment into the skin to create semi-permanent, individual life-like hair strokes and natural-looking eyebrows.
The main difference between a traditional body tattoo and a cosmetic tattoo is the type of equipment used and the depth of the pigment implanted.
A 30 minute consultation takes place before treatment (on the same day or seperate if needed). This covers the treatment in depth, your desired/recommended eyebrow shape, pigment colour and aftercare instructions.
BROW SHAPE & COLOUR
Prior to treatment we will outline, measure and pencil on a brow shape and choose the most suitable pigment colour. We advise and discuss the most appropriate shape and colour to suit your specific facial features, natural brow line, skin tone, hair colour and your desired brow shape and colour.
FEATHER TOUCH BROWS New clients (2 hours)
$550 - includes initial treatment, 6-8 week touch up and take home aftercare pack
COLOUR REFRESH/ TOUCH UP APPOINTMENTS Existing clients (1.5 hours)
$150 - 12 months and under
$200 - 13-24 months
*after 24 months you are treated as a new client again
- Leave waxing/tinting leading up to your appointment. (Please note: unlike a normal tattoo, we do NOT shave the hair off).
- Discontinue active skincare 1-2 weeks before treatment (e.g. Vitamin A, chemical peels, prescribed skincare etc.)
- Do not have any Injectables for 4-6 weeks before or after treatment.
- Inform us before your treatment of any medical conditions or severe allergies that may interfere with treatment.
- Do not take aspirin, niacin, vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24hours prior to procedure (do not cease regular medications unless talking to your GP).
- No alcohol on the day of your procedure.
WHAT TO EXPECT POST-TREATMENT
- Swelling and redness is minimal and usually subsides within 24 hours
- Immediately after, the area will appear bolder in colour and sharply defined. This can take approx. 1-2 weeks for the colour to settle.
- There may be visible peeling/flaking for approx. 1-2 weeks
- The skin takes 4-8 weeks to heal at a cellular level and for the true pigment colour to settle
- You may feel itching in the eyebrows. Do not scratch the area.
- This will NOT prevent working or socialising.
- You cannot submerge the area in pool/salt water for a minimum of 2 weeks, therefore it is NOT recommended to plan this treatment close to any holidays or swimming events.
- Makeup can be worn around, but not over the area for a minimum of 2 weeks.
- It is not recommended to use any tanning products near the area while it is healing.
- A recommended tattoo balm will be applied to the area.
- Further aftercare instructions will be given to you at your appointment.
PERFECTING TOUCH-UP TREATMENT
A touch-up appointment is scheduled 4-6 weeks after your initial appointment. Colour retention varies depending on the individual, skin type and client compliance of homecare instructions.
Feather-Touch Brow Tattooing is a semi permanent procedure and requires a re-touch treatment from 12 months onwards. Feather Touch Brow Tattooing may fade within 6 months - 2 years depending on your skin type and long term aftercare.
The longevity of colour in the skin cannot always be predicted. Some skins hold colour longer and stronger than others, while others fade leaving a light residue in the skin. Pigment may fade or change according to metabolism, age, smoking, alcohol, sun exposure lifestyle, skin type, medications, and use of active skincare products such as Retin-A and Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA’s).
CAN EVERYONE HAVE THIS PROCEDURE DONE?
Some clients may not be suitable for this procedure due to some of the following factors. it is imperative to inform your therapist before booking or within consultation if one of the following effects you;
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Planning to fall pregnant
- If you are under the age of 18 years of age
- Taking medication (of any kind)
- Have any known medical conditions
- Planning to have Cosmetic Surgery
- Suffer from keloid scarring
- Suffer from severe allergies
- Any internal and/or external factors that you think may effect the tattooing procedure
- Have any skin conditions, especially around the brow area, for example, dermatitis or congestion/breakouts in or around the eyebrow